In a week of big stories we missed sharing some things:
They’re suing FoxNews for Racism.
You no doubt saw and heard this story a number of times. Did you know that the NYT and CNN are also being sued? Two by the same lawyer (Fox and NYT) — for racial discrimination?
A half-dozen people have filed suits against The New York Times and Fox News, while as many as 175 current and former employees have contacted lawyers about joining a class-action suit against CNN.
Here’s part of the Times law suit:
– The Times plaintiffs claim in a suit filed last year by New York lawyer Douglas Wigdor that “The Gray Lady” prefers to hire white employees to help target a white audience.
– “Unbeknownst to the world at large, not only does the Times have an ideal customer (young, white, wealthy), but also an ideal staffer (young, white, unencumbered with a family) to draw that purported ideal customer,” a complaint states.
– Staffers from the staid broadsheet charge that Times CEO Mark Thompson, hired in 2012, created an “environment rife with discrimination based on age, race and gender.”
– The suit claims Thompson and Chief Revenue Officer Meredith Levien phased out older, nonwhite staffers in favor of “fresh faces,” which plaintiffs said was code for “younger employees without families, and who were white.”
– Court papers also accused the Times of paying Latino and black workers significantly less than white counterparts.
With CNN here are some details:
-The lawsuit against CNN claims the company’s Atlanta headquarters is rife with racism.
– Minority employees had to endure bigoted remarks such as “It’s hard to manage black people” and “Who would be worth more: black slaves from times past, or new slaves?” according to a complaint by former workers filed in Atlanta federal court.
– They were paid thousands less than white colleagues.
What, you only heard about the Fox lawsuit? I wonder why that would be.
The Early News Night Ratings:
So far FoxNews channel has held up as number one in the key evening 7,8,9 and 10 time frames. MacCallum and Carlson (at 7 and 8) have just about beaten the combined MSNBC and CNN totals. The Five on Fox at 9 has beaten Rachel Maddow each night and Hannity wins at 10.
We’re not surprised. As we said, it’s the message.
The Nafta Coverage:
Yesterday we reported the negative manner in which the MSM was covering the President’s backing off canceling the deal.
Here’s the Bloomberg report yesterday:
President Donald Trump said Thursday he’s still ready to pull out of the North American Free Trade Agreement if he can’t renegotiate better terms for the U.S. but that he decided to hold off on a decision after appeals from the leaders of Canada and Mexico.
“I was going to terminate NAFTA as of two or three days from now,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office. But he said he “reconsidered” after Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau both phoned him Wednesday asking him to renegotiate the deal instead. “Those talks will start as soon as today,” he said.
Does that sound like a broken promise as presented by the MSM?
You hear about Republican misdoings right?
It seems every possible violation by conservatives is big news with the MSM. But, did you hear these this week?
Former Democrat U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown who lost reelection after her indictment (accused of using a charity as a personal slush fund) began trial in a federal fraud and conspiracy case in Jacksonville.
Brown, who represented the Jacksonville congressional district since 1993, is one of the first three African-Americans elected to Congress from Florida since Reconstruction.
Did you see any coverage of this?
How about Maxine Walters, who has gotten lots of coverage calling for Trump’s impeachment, calling him a “scum bag” and deriding Ivanka Trump for being in the White House (as an unpaid volunteer).
Did you know she has paid her daughter $650,000 (and owes her another $100,000) for doing campaign mailings?
Maxine is all over the media as a leading Democrat voice. Yet no mention of this even after she attacks Ivanka’s volunteer role? Why is that?
Oh yea, add this — She earned her a “Most Corrupt member of Congress” designation from the left-wing Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington five times—in 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011, and 2017.
Want more? This is from Michelle Malkin:
“She secured an ambassadorship to the Bahamas for her husband, a former pro football player and car salesman whose main qualification was having traveled to the island for a vacation”.
There’s plenty more on her if you want. The new MSM hero of the left.