With thanks to our readers we will let this post be our sole one for Thanksgiving Week (barring a major event). We wish you and yours the best of holidays and we give thanks for your readership. Happy Thanksgiving.
Now In The News:
Charlie Manson passed away. Since he was serving nine consecutive terms he only has to pass eight more times to be free.
Add Mika Brzezinski to the list of those who now say Bill Clinton should have resigned over the things he did. A little late, but interesting isn’t it?
Speaking of Bill Clinton there is a report that four new women are about to file suit against him. These charges would be from the early 2000’s when he was out of office.
Reportedly Clinton and team are in negotiations to pay off the women to stay quiet.
Remember, he paid Paula Jones almost a million dollars to avoid trial. After all, don’t all innocent people pay off accusers?
More Hollywood stars were charged yesterday and today. That cesspool is deep, but they have moral compass words for the rest of us! Spare me.
Roy Moore’s accuser (the one who was 14) came forward today. She seemed very credible to us. We again call on Moore to quit the race. He is going to lose and hurt the country.
A second Al Franken accuser came forward today. Since there is no photo he denies it.
Did you notice over the weekend liberals begin to differentiate Franken from the Republican sleaze? They said he admitted his, while others didn’t. Isn’t that interesting? You mean it’s less of a deplorable act if you admit it? You mean if you admit quilt, versus saying your innocent, that is less sleazy?
The actions are wrong no matter what side of the political divide you are on.
Hillary is a delight. Everyday new material. Here’s a few since the last blog:
1. Moore is a disgrace. Her husband is not. Hillary, they’re both a disgrace and your beating on your husbands accusers is an added one.
2. She said Al Franken should be “praised for his accountability” and willingness to apologize. Really Hillary? As opposed to who? Is it you and your husband who called his accusers every vile name possible?
3. The she said, President Trump and Senate nominee Roy Moore should be viewed as the real predators, and not Franken. I guess she thinks Franken and Bill’s transgressions were less egregious to the women because they are Democrats.
4. She said Trump has been a disgrace to the office — unlike her husband who raised the bar on morality in office.
5. In another interview she said the administration (and Trump) are allergic to the truth. Unlike her husband (a proven liar) who did so under oath to a grand jury. Bill Clinton lost his law license for lying!
6. Then she blamed the Russian meddling for costing her the election! Not her campaign paying the Russians for a Trump dozier, but for what they did to her!
7. She said the Russian meddling “one of the major contributors to the election outcome”. Then she added this doozy: “In a couple of places, most notably Wisconsin, I think it had a dramatic impact on the outcome”. See, it wasn’t her bad campaign and failure to visit Wisconsin, it was the Russians.!
By the way, the NYT suspended its White House corespondent amid complaints of his actions around women. The same reporter who has been outspoken against others. The charges are he made unwanted advances. The reporter has apparently entered a substance abuse program. The times said it supports that decision. Too bad you didn’t do it before you acted against woman.
Another one of our favorite Washington women, former IRS executive Lois Lerner (you remember her. She refused to move on conservative requests and then testified she lost all her computers and records) told a federal court last week that members of her family, including “young children,” face death threats and a real risk of physical harm if her explanation of the tea party targeting scandal becomes public.
What could be in her testimony that, if released, could be harmful to her and her family? We heard them say they did nothing wrong. No one got indicted or charged. What could she have said?
Here’s an update on a story we reported months ago. Do you remember how Al Franken was holding up a new conservative judge by not returning his “blue slip”? One senator could stop a judge from his state by doing so.
Well Senator Grassley (who heads the judicial committee) says he has scheduled hearings for David Stras, a nominee to the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. This was the judge Franken was holding up .
Grassley changed the rules.We applaud him.
President Ego Tweet continues to misuse the social media opportunity he has. If he would just use it to argue his polices he could set a new Presidential standard. Instead, his ego goes ahead of thought.
Last week his Al Franken tweet was dumb, especially with the skeletons in his closet.
Then his tweet asking if we think the UCLA players would thank him was in poor taste.
Now he is in a twitter war with the father of one of the players over that. He couldn’t simply take the credit for a job well done.
Which is why in his most positive poll (Rasmussen) he today is at 41% approval and 57& disapproval.
The NFL is fighting the tax bill because it eliminates some breaks for them. One is a special tax break that allows them to use tax-free bonds to build stadiums. It could be the wrong time for the NFL to be asking for anything.
On Taxes we still don’t see the votes in the senate to passing it. Susan Collins (again) is hedging. She suggested raising the corporate tax to 22% to add some things back in. Typical liberal reaction. Just charge corporations more. Like they won’t pass it on to the consumer? Do they think the corporations will eat the costs? If they do they don’t know business.
We repeat again, this is a tax cut for the lower and middle class. Not so much for the upper.
Total Viewers: THURSDAY, FOX WON ALL TIME SLOTS 4-11.
- Total day: FNC: 1.817 | CNN: 716 | MSNBC: 1.237 | HLN: 177
- Primetime: FNC: 2.884 | CNN: 797 | MSNBC: 2.110 | HLN: 214